Repeat Header Rows of a Table in Microsoft Word 2019
Repeat Header Rows of a Table in MS-Word
Repeating header rows of a table means that all the headings (all the later pages) in the first row of the table on all subsequent pages will be repeated in the Word document.
Watch the Video Tutorial below on Repeat Header Rows of a Table:
Initially, insert the Table with number of rows and columns you want
- After inserting the table, Type the heading/Header you want on the first row of a table.
- Now select the heading/header of a table.
- Then go to the table tools Layout / Page Layout Tab tab.
- Now click on the Repeat Header Rows in the Data group.
Repeat Header Rows of a Table:
- To start repeating the header rows, do one of the following:
a) Position your cursor on the last cell of a column/row and then press and keep hold down the Tab key to insert more rows, or
b) Fill the content in the table below the header/headings of a table as much as you want when the current page fills and then automatically starts the header of the table on the next page or,
Repeat the Header Rows along with creating the Number List in a Table:
If you would like to start the number list in the first column of this table by “Repeating the Header Rows”, do the following:
- Select the first column where you want to start the number list as shown in the picture given below
- If you would like to generate the number list on all the rows of a table along with repeating the header rows, position your cursor at the last cell of a column/row
- Strike and keep hold down the tab key for a while to insert more rows with auto-generating number list along with repeating the Header on all the pages.
- Your document pages appear as shown in the picture given below after inserting the number list along with Repeating Header Rows.
IS Repeat Header Rows Not Working?
Is header row of your table not working? that means you might not be selecting the header of the table before selecting the repeat header row command.
- Make sure your header selection.
- Then select the command “Repeat Header Rows” in the Layout tab, on the Data group.