Format Painter Copies formatting from one text and applying it to another. In other meaningful words, copy the text formatting such as any combination of bold, italic, underline, text colour, text size, etc. and apply it to another text to make it the same as the copied one.
This Painter is very easy and extremely beneficial to use in word documents. You can copy any format from any formatted text apply the same formatting to any text, anywhere, any number of times you want.
The Format Painter brush icon appears on the Home tab in the Clipboard group as shown in the picture below.
Shortcut keys for Using Format Painter in MS Word:
1. To Copy Formatting from the Selected Text, select the text you want to copy and then press CTRL + SHIFT + C.
2. To Apply the Text Formatting, select the text you want to format, and then press the CTRL + SHIFT + V.
Video Tutorial below on Format Painter in MS-Office Word
What is Text/Font Formatting in MS-Word?
Formatting content intends to make the content striking, italic, underline, textual style, size, shading, a portion of these or these for changing the vibe of the title, caption, heading, subheading, and other content styles in a word archive..Read More>>
Follow the steps below in using the Format Painter:
- Enter the text you want to format.
- Select one of the text that you have entered.
- Afterwards apply some of the Font Formatting you want to the selected text like bold, italic, underline, color, size, etc.
- Then double-click on the Format Painter which you can see in the Clipboard group, on the Home tab.
- Now Apply the formatting to some other text wherever you want by selecting them (other than you have formatted the content earlier). Or otherwise, watch the video tutorial above on Format Painter.
Note: To apply the text formatting wherever as much as you want the text, you should Double-Click on the Format Painter. Otherwise, to apply text formatting only once wherever you want, single click on the Format Painter.
Font Formatting in Microsoft Word: Text Formatting intends to make the chosen content Bold, Italic, Underline and change the Font Style, Size, Color and a portion of these or these for changing the vibe of the title, caption, heading, subheading, and other content styles in a word record. Read More>>
Paragraph Group in MS-Word: A paragraph is an alternate segment portraying a specific thought or point. It comprises of at least one words, numbers, or another mix of letters.
To arrange a section, you can utilize various directions, for example, extraordinary content arrangements, projectiles, numbering, staggering list, passage indents, arranging content, line dispersing, concealing, and various fringes.. Read More>>
- Minimize, Restore Down, Maximize, and Close in MS-Word.
- Change Color Themes in Microsoft Office Products
- How to Copy the Text as a Picture in Microsoft Excel
- Paste Special Feature Shortcuts in Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007
- How to Set Multiple Page Sizes in a Word Document
- Frequently Used Shortcut Keys in MS-Word on Windows.
Format Painter has been a great tool for us for some years now. I am glad to explain to you about this little tool and it will continue to be a great help to us in the future. Its greatness is that it saves a lot of time and allows us to focus on other tasks. This is great even when you are in a hurry and need to format any text quickly.
What is Format Painter and in MS Word?
Format Painter copies text formatting from any text you want and applies it wherever you want in a word document.
What is the shortcut to copy a text formatting in MS Word?
To copy text formatting from one place, press CTRL+SSHIFT+C.
What is the shortcut to applying text formatting in MS Word?
To apply text formatting from one place, press CTRL+SSHIFT+V.