Format Painter Copies formatting from one text and applies it to another. In other meaningful words, copy the text formatting such as any combination of bold, italic, underline, text colour, text size, etc. and apply it to another text to make it the same as the copied one.
This Painter is very easy and extremely beneficial to use in word documents. You can copy any format from any formatted text and apply the same formatting to any text, anywhere, any number of times you want.
Table of Contents
Shortcut keys for Using Format Painter in MS Word:
1. To Copy Formatting from the Selected Text, select the text you want to copy and then press CTRL + SHIFT + C.
2. To Apply the Text Formatting, select the text you want to format, and then press the CTRL + SHIFT + V.
What is Text/Font Formatting in MS-Word?
Formatting content intends to make the content striking, italic, underline, textual style, size, shading, a portion of these or these for changing the vibe of the title, caption, heading, subheading, and other content styles in a word archive.
Follow the steps below in using the Format Painter:
- Enter the text you want to format.
- Select one of the texts that you have entered.
- Afterwards apply some of the Font Formatting you want to the selected text like bold, italic, underline, colour, size, etc.
- Then double-click on the Format Painter which you can see in the Clipboard group, on the Home tab.
- Now Apply the formatting to some other text wherever you want by selecting them (other than you have formatted the content earlier). Or otherwise, watch the video tutorial above on Format Painter.
Note: To apply the text formatting wherever as much as you want the text, you should Double-Click on the Format Painter. Otherwise, to apply text formatting only once wherever you want, single click on the Format Painter.
Format Painter has been a great tool for us for some years now. I am glad to explain this little tool and it will continue to be a great help to us in the future. Its greatness is that it saves a lot of time and allows us to focus on other tasks. This is great even when you are in a hurry and need to format any text quickly.
What is a Format Painter in MS Word?
Format Painter copies text formatting from any text you want and applies it wherever you want in a word document.
What is the shortcut to copy a text formatting in MS Word?
To copy text formatting from one place, press CTRL+SSHIFT+C.
What is the shortcut to applying text formatting in MS Word?
To apply text formatting from one place, press CTRL+SSHIFT+V.