How to Use Format Painter in MS-Office Word
Format Painter in MS-Office Word
How to Use Format Painter in MS-Office Word: Copy formatting from one text and applying it to other is called Format Painter.
The Format Painter brush appears on the Home tab in the Clipboard group as shown in the picture below:
Shortcut keys for Format Painter:
1. To Copy Formatting from the Selected Text, press CTRL + SHIFT + C.
2. To Apply the Text Formatting, select the text you want to format and then press the CTRL + SHIFT + V.
Video Tutorial below on Format Painter in MS-Office Word
What is Text/Font Formatting in MS-Word?
Formatting text means to make the text bold, italic, underline, font style, size, colour, some of these or all of these for changing the look of the title, subtitle, heading, subheading, and other text styles in a word document.Read More>>
Follow the steps below in using the Format Painter:
Enter the text you want to format.
Select one of the text that you have entered.
Afterwards apply some of the Font Formatting you want to the selected text like bold, italic, underline, color, size, etc.
Then double-click on the Format Painter which you can see in the Clipboard group, on the Home tab.
Now Apply the formatting to some other text wherever you want by selecting them (other than you have formatted the content earlier). Or otherwise, watch the video tutorial above on Format Painter.
Font/Text Formatting in Microsoft Word: Font/Text Formatting means to make the selected text Bold, Italic, Underline, and changing the Font Style, Size, Colour and some of these or all of these for changing the look of the title, subtitle, heading, subheading, and other text styles in a word document. Read More>>
Paragraph Group in MS-Word: A paragraph is a distinct section that describes the special idea or point. The paragraph format contains one or more lines with a combination of the words, numbers, or other characters.
To format a paragraph, you can use various commands such as different text Alignments, Bullets, Numbering, Multi-Level list, Paragraph Indents, Sorting Text, Line Spacing, Shading, and Different Borders. Read More>>
- How to Wrap Text in Excel Spreadsheet 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007
- Paste Options in MS-Word
- Paste Special in Microsoft Office Word
- Clipboard Task Pane (Arrow) Dialogue Launcher in MS-Word
- Minimize, Restore Down, Maximize, and Close in MS-Word.
- Change Color Themes in Microsoft Office Products
- How to Copy the Text as a Picture in Microsoft Excel
- Paste Special Feature Shortcuts in Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007
- How to Set Multiple Page Sizes in a Word Document
- Frequently Used Shortcut Keys in MS-Word on Windows