Ways to Select Objects in MS-Word
Ways to Select Objects | Pictures, Shapes, etc. in MS-Word: In a word document, Pictures, Shapes, Icons, 3D-Models and other related objects selections are important for formatting them. Generally, selecting more objects is a little bit difficult task. However, some possible selection tips are discussed below with step by step instructions.
Select Shapes, Pictures, etc. Using " Select Objects" Command:
Image on Ways to select Objects in MS-Word
- On the Insert tab, in the illustration group, select one or some of the objects commands to insert or draw such as Pictures, Shapes, icons, 3D-Models, etc.
- Now, go to the home tab
- In the Editing group, click on the Select to get different selection options
- Under the Select, choose the “Select Objects” from the list of commands.
- Now, to select all the objects, press and hold down the left mouse button, and then drag from the top left of the objects to bottom left of the objects in a document.
Select one by one Objects | Shapes, Pictures, etc.
3. To select more objects, Press and hold down the Ctrl key and then click one by one object as shown below.
Select Objects using Selection Pane | Shapes, Pictures, etc.
To select more objects using the selection pane, do the following.
- After inserting the Objects as many as you want (Shape, Pictures, etc.), the Format tab will open or go to the layout tab.
- On the Format or Layout Tab, in the Illustrations group, click on the Selection Pane for launch a dialogue-box of it (You can see it at the right of the document page).
- After Selection Pane is opened, in it, we can see the list of the Names of the Objects, which is in the document.
- To select an individual object using the Selection Pane, click on the Name of the object.
- To select more objects, press and hold down the Ctrl key and then click one by one names of the objects in the Selection Pane that you want.
- To deselect more objects, press and hold down the Ctrl key and then click on one by one selected objects.
- Click on the “Hide All” to hide all the objects in a document.
- Click on the “Show All” to Show all the objects in a document.
- To hide or show an individual object, click on the icon which is looking like eye to the right of the name of the object in the Selection Pane. Read More >>
- Remove the Background of a Picture |Adjust||MS-Office|
- Corrections and Color of a Picture |MS-Word|
- Compress, Change, and Reset a Picture |MS-Word|:
- Picture Border, Picture Effect and Picture Layout: |Picture Styles|
- Crop, Crop to Shape, and Aspect Ratio of the Picture
- Resizing a Picture using “Fill” and “Fit” in MS-Word.