Table Style Options and Table Styles in MS-Word:
The Table Style Options are a great way to change the pre-formatted table styles so that you can apply it to your table based on your content requirement in the document. To do this follow the steps below.
- First, insert the table in your document
- Soon the table tools Design and Format tabs open
- On the Design tab, in the Table Style Options, select the Style Option you want before applying the table styles to your inserted table.
Table Style Options:
- Header Row: The Header Row option enables to apply special formatting for the first row of a table to focus your Header of the content.
- First Column: The First Column option enables to apply special formatting for the first column of a table to focus your Heading of the content.
- Total (Last) Row: The Total Row is a format to focus the total for the numeric data. Formatting the last row of a table in the document called here is the Total Row. The last row of a table format is based on the table style that you have applied before.
- Last Column: Formatting The Last Column option enables to apply the special formatting for the last column of a table to focus your content. The Last column format is depending upon the table style that you have applied before.
- Banded Rows: Banded Rows Color Formatting helps in applying the different formats to the even and the odd rows of a table to specify them.
- Banded Columns: Banded Columns Color Formatting helps in applying the different formats to the even and the odd columns of a table to specify them.
After choosing the Table Styles Options as above, the next step is to choose any style for your table you want based on your content requirement. To do this follow the steps below.
- Click the drop-down arrow of the table styles group as given in the picture above
- From the list of table style Icons, select the style you want to apply it.