Table style options and table styles in a word are the customizable and automatic table format options. These will make it easier for you to format the table based on your text needs. Formatting a manual table is likely to waste some time. So you can save your precious time through these. A careful reading of the steps given below will give you a complete understanding.
Table Style Options in MS-Word
- Header Row: The Header Row option enables to apply special formatting for the first row of a table to focus your Header of the content.
- First Column: The First Column option enables to apply special formatting for the first column of a table to focus your Heading of the content.
- Total (Last) Row: The Total Row is a format to focus the total for the numeric data. Formatting the last row of a table in the document called here is the Total Row. The last row of a table format is based on the table style that you have applied before.
- Last Column: Formatting The Last Column option enables to apply the special formatting for the last column of a table to focus your content. The Last column format is depending upon the table style that you have applied before.
- Banded Rows: Banded Rows Color Formatting helps in applying the different formats to the even and the odd rows of a table to specify them.
- Banded Columns: Banded Columns Color Formatting helps in applying the different formats to the even and the odd columns of a table to specify them.
Table Styles in MS-Word
After choosing the Table Styles Options as above, the next step is to choose any style for your table you want based on your content requirement. To do this follow the steps below.
- Click the drop-down arrow of the table styles group as given in the picture above
- From the list of table style Icons, select the style you want to apply it.