There are many shortcut keys to exit MS Word and other applications. But you need to know how to use them as needed. Let’s see what they are and how to use them!
Shortcut Keys to Exit MS Word Other Apps
Use any of the following shortcut keys to close Microsoft Office and other active programs:
- Ctrl + F4
- Alt + F4
- Ctrl + W
- Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- Shift + Esc. Let’s see how to use them.
Steps to Exit MS Word and Other Program:
- Press Ctrl+F4 to close any open program tab like Chrome browser, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc. and also closes MS Word, Excel, PPT, Access or any other application when it is active or open.
- Alt+F4 is used to close open MS Word, PPT Excel, Access and any Browser.
Steps to Quit MS Word and Other Program:
Ctrl + Shift + Esc and Ctrl + Alt + Delete keyboard shortcuts quit any program like MS Word from the selection:
- Press any of the shortcut key when a program is active
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open a dialogue box
- Now select the program that you want to exit
- Or, Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open a list of security options screen
- Now select the Task Manager from the list of options
- Then Select the program that you want to close
- Lastly, click End task.
- A Random Text Generator in Word and Online
- Multiple Choice Questions and Answers (MCQ & A) – MS Office
- How to Use Paste Link in Excel – 2022’s Light
- What are the Keyboard Navigation keys? | 2022’s Master.
What are the shortcut keys to Close MS Word?
1. Ctrl + F4
2. Alt + F4
3. Ctrl +W
4. Ctrl + Shift + Esc
5. Shift + Esc
6. Ctrl + Alt + Delete.