Paragraph Formatting Group in MS-Word
A paragraph is a different section that describes a particular idea or point. Paragraph formatting or Formatting a Paragraph can inclusive of one or more characters, words, numbers, or a combination of these.
To format a paragraph, you can use different commands such as different text alignments, bullets, numbering, multi-level list, paragraph indents, sorting text, line spacing, shading, and different borders. To format a paragraph, follow the steps below the picture.
Image-1 on Paragraph Formatting in MS-Word
Commands of Paragraph Formatting Group in MS-Word are explained in detailed below.
- Bullets: To start text/Line/Paragraph with a bulleted list, you can choose different bullet styles by clicking the drop-down arrow of the Bulleted List. Click here to Read More>>
- Numbering: To start text/line/Paragraph with a Numbered list, you can choose different Number styles by clicking the drop down-arrow of the Numbered List. Read More>>
- Multilevel List: To start text/line/Paragraph with a multilevel list, you can choose multilevel list styles by clicking the drop-down arrow.
- Left Alignment: Aligns text to the Left off the page to format a paragraph. Read More>>
- Center Alignment : Aligns text to the center of the Page (for paragraph formatting). Read More>>
- Right Alignment: Aligns text to the right of the page. Read More>>
- Justification: Aligns text to both the right and the left margins of the page by adding the extra space between words for the clean look in a word document. Read More>>
- Decrease Indent: Decrease indent means decreasing the gap between the left margin and left of the paragraph in the document (for paragraph formatting ). Read More>>
- Increase Indent: Increase indent means increasing the gap between the left margin and left of the paragraph in the document (for formatting the paragraph). Read More>>
- Sort: In this, you can arrange the selected text in ascending or descending order.
- Show or Hide Paragraph Marks: Paragraph Marks are useful and shows the marks when you apply section or page breaks.
- Line Spacing: Increases or decreases the space between the lines or paragraphs in the document. Read More>>
- Shading: Coloring the background of a line from the left margin to the right margin.
- Border: You can apply different borders to the selected text in the word document. Read More>>
Steps to Follow in Formatting the Paragraph in MS-Word:
To apply the Paragraph Formatting Group commands, follow the steps given below the picture.
Image-2 on Paragraph Formatting in MS-Word Document
- Go to the Home tab
- Select the text or Position the cursor wherever you want to format the paragraph.
- Then click or select any command that you want to apply to the selected text. That’s the simple steps to apply the Paragraph Formatting to the Word Document.
Paragraph group in ms word