Merge and Unmerge Cells in MS-Excel
Merge and Unmerge Cells: Combining more cells into one cell is called Merge cell. Similarly, dividing a cell into multiple cells which are merged, called Unmerge Cells. The lesson on Merging and Unmerging Cells is discussed below.
Combining more cells into one cell and centering the text is called the Merge & Centre.
5. Look at the 5th step of a picture below, in which the cells merged and the text centered.
2. Merge Across:
Merging cells by combining Vertical lines and leaving horizontal lines to merge across the selected cells.
- Select the range of cells that you want to merge across
- Then go to the Home tab
- After that, click the drop-down arrow, which appears at the right of Merge & Center In the Alignments group.
- And then select Merge Across
5. Now look at the 5th step of a picture below, in which the cells are merged across.