How to Merge and Split Cells of a table
Merge and Split Cells of a Table: Combining more than two cells into one cell is called Merge Cells, dividing one cell into more cells is called Split Cells. Similarly, dividing a table into more tables is called the Split Table. Follow the steps given below on Merge Cells, Split Cells and Table in MS-Word.
- On the Insert tab, in the Table group, insert the table using one the table commands
- Then a new Table Tools Design and Layout tabs will open
- After that, select enough cells
2. Split Cells in a Table in MS-Word
4. Then choose the number of columns and rows you want to add by splitting a cell
5. Then click ok.
6. Look a the 6th step of a picture below, in which a cell is split.
3. Splint Table in MS-Word
- After inserting the table, a new Table Tools Design and Layout will open.
- Now position the cursor under one of the cells of a row, other than the table you want to Split.
- On the Layout tab, in the Merge group, click on the Split Table.
- Now your Table successfully splinted as you want.