Microsoft Word has an excellent feature that automatically creates a list of selectable bullets for your document. You can easily make two columns with bullets in Word or Ppt with a couple of simple steps.
In this article, you can make two columns with bullets or numbers as explained beneath the table of contents.
Table of Contents
Make two columns with Bullets Using Section Breaks
- Make sure your cursor is positioned at the beginning point of a document
- On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, select the paragraph mark to show it on the document
- Go to the Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, then click Columns and then select Two
- On the same tab, in the same group, click Breaks and then select Continues under the Section Breaks
- Now the cursor moves one step below the previous position (After applying the continues section break) so again keep the cursor at the same position
- On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, select the bullets or numbering (Here, bullet or numbering doesn’t appear until you start typing)
- Now type the text and hit the Enter key to start the next bulleted or numbered list.
- Lastly, turn off the paragraph mark.
Note: A bullet will not be created in the column immediately after you type text and hit the Enter key for the next bullet list. If you want to see a bulleted or numbered list, you have to type the text.
Create two columns with bullets using the selection
To learn how to split bullet points into two columns in word using text selection, read the following steps:
- Firstly, create a bulleted or numbered list of as many as you want
- Then select all the bulleted or numbered lists you created
- On the Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Columns and then select Two
- As soon as you select the Two under the Columns, automatically a two columns bulleted or numbered list will be created.
How to make two columns of lines in a Word Document
To learn how to make a two-column list or lines in word, do the following:
→ Type the text you want
→ Then select all the text
→ On the Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Columns and then select Two.
How to make two rows of bullet points in Word
→ After selecting the Bulles or Numbering on the Home tab, type the text you want then hit Enter to create the bulleted or numbered list
→ To make two rows of bullet points after creating one row of the list hit Enter two times to start the next row of bullet points in Word.
Whether you’re creating a new document or adding pages to an existing one, creating multiple columns in your document with bullets or numbers is useful. Thankfully, there are several ways you can speed up the process of making columns in MS Word easier and more enjoyable.
What are the 2 uses of using two columns with bullets in Word?
1. It is also useful if you create pages of web pages that contain multiple columns.
2. You can even make two or more columns with different headings and content!