Hide Login URL of a WP Site: It is very important to protect your WordPress website from the clutches of hackers. But keep in mind that it is not easy to maintain. There are a number of precautions that must be taken to maintain a site, including the WordPress website. Hiding the site’s login URL is an important process to maintain.
In this article, you can easily find the WordPress URL using WordPress’s free plugin. So why delay and let’s start.
Steps to Follow to Hide Login URL of a WordPress Website
- After login into your WordPress dashboard, hover over the plugin and click Add New.
- Search WPS Hide Login and click Install and activate.
- Now click the settings of the plugin,
- Or hover over the settings of the WP dashboard, then click General.
- Now scroll down till the end.
- Now change the login URL name in the login URL box under WPS Hide Login (This blocks access to the wp-login.php page and the wp-admin directory for people who are not connected).
- In the redirection URL box, keep 404, or change as you like to Redirect to a different URL when someone tries to access the wp-login.php page and the wp-admin directory while not logged in. For example 404.
- Lastly, click Save Changes.