In this article, you can learn Convert Text to Table and Convert to Text in MS-Word. Converting text to the table means adding a table to the contents in the document. Similarly, converting a table to text means removing the table by keeping the contents.
Convert Text to Table in Word:
- Select the text you want (Look at the picture below)
2. Then go to the Insert tab
3. After that, click on the Table in the Table group
4. Under the Table, when you click on the Convert Text to Table, automatically you can get a dialogue-box
5. In the dialogue box, under the Table Size, choose the number of columns or rows you want. The next step starts under the picture below…
Carefully observe the directions given in the picture above
6. Then Select one of the Autofit Behavior options such as Fixed Column Width, Autofit Contents, and Autofit Window.
- Fixed Column Width to fix the width of the a table in the precise size you need is called Fixed Column Width. Read More>>
- Autofit Contents implies the table fits based on the content length Read More>>
- Autofit Window implies the table is completely fit from the left edge to the right edge in the record. Read More>>
7. Then select text separators such as Paragraphs, Tabs, Commas, and others.
8. Then click OK
9. Look at the picture given above.
Convert table to Text in MS Word:
To remove the table from the content, follow the steps below as well as in the picture:
- Select the Table
- Then go to the Table Tools Layout tab
- Then click on the Convert to Text, afterwards, immediately you can get a dialogue box
- After that, select one of the text separators, such as Paragraph marks, Tabs, Commas, or other Behaviors.
- lastly, click on the OK.
Carefully observe the directions given in the pictures
6. Now, your table is converted to text as shown in the picture below.
- How to Repeat the Header Rows of a Table in MS-Word?
- How to Delete/Erase a Row, Column, or Cell in a Table?
- Different Ways to select a Table, Row, Column, or Cell
- Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Environment.
What is convert text to table and table to text in Word?
Converting text to the table means adding a table to the contents in the document. Similarly, converting a table to text means removing the table by keeping the contents.