Clear All Text Formatting means removing all the formattings such as Bold, Italic, Size, Font, etc. from the selected text for making as an unformatted regular text, called Clear All Formatting. After clearing the font formatting, it resets to the default size (the default font size is 11) with the unformatted Calibri(body) font. You can clear the text formatting by using a single click or keyboard shortcut. Manually, clearing the text formatting is a time taking process.
Note: The clear text formatting command doesn’t clear the Text Highlight Color and Shading Color.
Follow the steps underneath to clear all the text formatting:
- Before going to clear the text formatting, ensure the text formatting or format it.
- To format the text, you can apply the commands of the Font group or the Styles group. You can see these groups on the Home tab.
- The group of font formatting commands are Bold, Italic, Underline, Font Family, Font Size, Font Color, Text Effects and Typography, Strike Through, Subscript and Superscript, except Font Highlight Color.
- The group of Font Styles formatting commands are Heading 1, Heading 2, Subtitle, Title, etc.
- To remove all the text formatting from the selected text, click on the “Clear All Formatting” Icon, presented in the Font group on the Home tab. Else use the shortcut command Ctrl+ Space-bar.
- But, the heading formats of the styles group can’t be cleared with the shortcut command (Ctrl+ Spacebar).
30 different ways to select text in Word: There are a few choice methods are given in MS-Word. These choice strategies incorporate Shortcut Keys, Mouse, and different Commands to choose all the content, passage, line, word, character, any square and vertical determination. To get familiar with every one of these tips and deceives, you should peruse all the articles offered below to turn into an ace. Read More>>
- Initially, highlight the text.
- On the Home tab in the Styles group, click the drop down arrow of the styles group, then click on the ” Clear all Formatting“.
How to clear text formatting in Google Docs: Below are the steps to Quickly Clear Formatting in a Google Doc: So get started now:
- Open the Google Doc that you want to clear the text formatting from.
- Then select all text you that you want to clear formatting from.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the remove formatting button in the toolbar .
- Click “Format” then “Clear formatting”.
- Press Command + in Mac or Ctrl + in Windows.
The direction “Select all text with similar formatting” assists with choosing all content with similar arranging. It implies striking, italic, underlined, size, shading, or whether it ought to be applied to a portion of these or any piece of the substance of the report.
- Enter the content you need
- Then select any piece of the substance and apply content arranging any place you need.
- Place the cursor in the organizing of the content you have recently applied.
- Now go to the Home tab.
- Then click “Select” In the “altering” gathering.
- Under the “Select” Command, click on “Select all content with a similar formatting”. Continue Reading>>
MS Office Related Posts
- Changing Text Case in MS-Word |2007 to 2019|.
- Select all Text with Similar Formatting Word 2007 to 2019
- Row Height and Column Width in Excel (Set in Several Ways)
- Change Worksheet Tab Color in 4-Ways in MS-Excel.
- Select the Latest PHP Version in cPanel – 2021’s Best.
Most frequent questions and answers
1. Select the formatted text in the document
2. On the Home tab, in the Font group, click on ” Clear All Formatting”
3. The shortcut key for clear all formatting at a time in word is “CTRL + Spacebar”
Clear All Text Formatting means removing all the formatting of the font such as Bold, Italic, Size, Font, etc.