Change the Aspect Ratio of a Picture: Cropping a picture in different proportions like square, portrait and landscape is called picture aspect ratio.
Steps to be followed in changing the Picture Aspect Ratio:
- Go to the Insert tab
- Click on the Picture in the Illustrations Group
- Go to the disc location where you saved the Pictures.
- Click to select the picture you want, and then click on the Insert to insert it.
- Now automatically a Picture Tools Format tab appears (Make sure the Picture selection)
- In the “Size” group, click on the “Crop“, or click on the drop-down arrow of the “Crop” and select the “Crop” to crop a picture in any aspect ratio you want.
- Lastly, go to the Aspect Ratio, and then select any ratio size from Square, Portrait, and Landscape.
Fast track method to be followed:
- Go to the Insert tab → Picture → Search for Picture in your computer → Select Picture → Click Insert to insert it → Make sure you are on the Picture Tools Format tab → Click on the “Crop” → Then go to the Aspect Ratio → Select any ratio size from Square, Portrait, and Landscape.
Proportions to Change the Aspect Ratio of a Picture:
Picture aspect ratios include square, portrait, and landscape . The proportions are as follows in a Word:
- Square: 1:1
- Portrait: 2:3, 3:4, 3:5, and 4:5.
- Landscape: 3:2, 4:3, 5:3, 5:4, 16:9, and 16:10.
- How to Rotate or Flip Objects in MS-Word
- What is F10 function key and what is its use?
- How to enable text suggestions in Windows Computer
- How to Hide Featured Image On a WordPress Post/Page
- YouTube Floating Window for Windows, Mac, and Mobiles.
What is Aspect Ratio of a Picture?
Cropping a picture in different proportions like square, portrait and landscape is called picture aspect ratio.