The main requirement of the page number is to indicate where the document readers are. Readers will be able to quickly find the information they need without having to scroll through the entire subject for verification. Page numbers save time and increase content ‘engagement!
In this article, you can learn how to add page numbers for all the pages and sections in Word.
How to Insert All, Odd, Even and different Page Numbers:
To add page numbers for all the pages at the same time, do the following:
- Launch the Word document with or without content.
- On the Insert tab, in the Header and Footer group, click page number, then select one of the options you want to add the page numbers.
- Lastly, click on “Close Header and Footer“.
Odd and Even Page Numbers in Word:
- Insert more pages you want
- Double-click at the top of any document
- To insert only even or odd header or footer page numbers in the header or footer area, click odd or even page header or footer
- Now check mark the “Different Odd & Even Pages“
- Now select page number options as explained above to insert odd or even page numbers in a word document.
Different Formatted Page Numbers in MS Word:
If you want to insert a page number in Word with a new format from any page in your Word document from one specific page to the next specific page.
To insert the different formatted page numbers in Word, follow the steps carefully below:
- Click at the start of the page to start or stop the different page numbers or different formatted page
- Click “Layout” tab →”Breaks” → Select “Next Page” under “Section Breaks“
- Do this way for the desired pages
- Double-click at the top of any page for header and footer editing option
- Now click the page where you have inserted the section break
- Now click “Link to Previous” to turn of the previous page link
- Now start inserting the desired page number format from wherever you want.
Different First Page Number in Microsoft Word:
This option is useful for inserting different page numbers or different formatted page numbers on the first page of your document or on all other pages, regardless of the first page and all subsequent pages.
- Make sure your document has more pages
- Double-click at the top of any page in the document
- Check mark the “Different First Page“
- If you want to insert the page number only on the first page, click the header or footer area of the first page and type the page number, or click “Page Number” and select one of the options.
- Or if you want to insert page numbers in Word on all pages except the first page, click the header or footer area of any page except the first page and type the page number, or click “Page Number” and select one of the options.
- A Table Generator for Word and Office 360 – 2022’s Trick
- How to Enable Missing Theme Editor and Plugin Editor in WP
- How to Print a Word Document and Ppt Slides – 2022’s Master
- (A-Z) Change Text Direction (Rotate, Flip or Mirror) in Word
- How to Select Objects That are Behind Text in Word – 2022
How do I start page numbers on a specific page in Word?
1. Click at the start of the page to start or stop the different page numbers or different formatted page
2. Click “Layout” tab →”Breaks” → Select “Next Page” under “Section Breaks”
3. Do this way for the desired pages
4. Double-click at the top of any page for header and footer editing option
5. Now click the page where you have inserted the section break
6. Now click “Link to Previous” to turn of the previous page link
7. Now start inserting the desired page number format from wherever you want.
- how to fix page numbers in word
- how to insert page number in word from specific page
- how to add page numbers in word 2022
- start page numbering on page 3
- how to put page number in word 2010 starting from a specific page.
- How can I start numbering on page 3?
- How do I put different page numbers in Word?
- How do you number a page 1 on page 3?