Add, Rename, Collapse and Expand Section in Power point:
In this article, you can learn how to Add, Rename, Collapse, and Expand Section in Power Point. These are useful for the set of slides which are related to the specific category, message, theme or item to organize them in a sequence.
To add section for your slides wherever you want to start, follow the steps below.
Note: You can add section before or after designing or inserting the slides.
Add section before adding the slides:
If you want to start section before adding slides, follow the steps below.
- On the Home tab, in the Slides group, click on the Section. (Make sure the default slide selection).
- Under the section, select “Add section”, then a popup will open type the name you want, then click on Rename and then insert and design the slides for the section.
- After if a section has been completed with the number of slides, you can start a new section by adding items explained in the 2nd
- If you want to rename a section which was already named, click on the “Rename Section” under “Section”.
Remove a Section:
To remove section of the slides, select the section that you want to rename then click on the “Remove Section” under “Section”.
Remove All Sections:
To remove All Sections of all the slides, click on the “Rename All the Sections”.
By clicking “Collapse All” you can hide all the slides. But you can see the section names.
To expand the slides after collapsing all, click on the expand all under “section”.
Collapse or Expand an Individual Slides:
Double click on the section name that you want to expand or collapse the slides under it.
Add section after adding the slides:
To add different sections to the different group of the different category of the slides, follow the steps below.
- Click the slide where you want to start the slide.
- On the Home tab, in the slides group, click the section to expand its menu, and then click add section.
- You can also expand the section menu by right clicking the section name of the slides.